Laura Berenice Geraldino Pardilla, MD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Laura Berenice Geraldino Pardilla, MD
Dr. Geraldino's areas of clinical and research interest include Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (Lupus), Rheumatoid Arthritis, and musculoskeletal ultrasonography. She has been supervising the Lupus clinic at CUMC since 2010 and was recently awarded a Rheumatology Scientist Development Award from the Rheumatology Research Foundation to study Cardiovascular Disease in lupus patients. Her prior research experience as the recipient of a CTSA award in 2011 and an NIH supplement grant in 2012 focused on the role of specific anti-citrullinated peptide antibodies (ACPAs) in cardiovascular disease in RA using different cardiac imaging methods.
Dr. Geraldino graduated summa cum laude from INTEC University in the Dominican Republic and afterwards moved to New York to complete an internal medicine residency in SUNY Upstate, followed by a rheumatology fellowship at Columbia University where she stayed on as a faculty member. In addition to being a board certified rheumatologist, she completed a fellowship in musculoskeletal ultrasonography with the Ultrasound School of North American Rheumatologists (USSONAR) and serves as the director of the Fast Arthritis Sonographic evaluation and Treatment (FAST) clinic at CUMC.
- Internal Medicine
Specialties & Expertise
- Connective Tissue Disease
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Sjogren's Syndrome
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: State University of New York Upstate Medical Center, Syracuse
- Medical School: Instituto Technologico De Santo Domingo
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
- Associate Professor of Medicine at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center