Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Book an Appointment Today
CALL TO SCHEDULE TODAY
CONNECT PATIENT PORTAL
About Larry L Schulman, MD
Larry L. Schulman, M.D., is Professor of Clinical Medicine at Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, and Attending Physician, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital in the City of New York. He is also Medical Director of Quality Assurance, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
He received his B.A. from Cornell University, and M.D. from State University of New York, Downstate. He trained in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Medicine at Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons. He is board certified from the American Board of Internal Medicine and the Subspecialty Board of Pulmonary Medicine. Honors include Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Kappa Phi, Distinction in all subjects (Cornell University); Alpha Omega Alpha, Cum Laude (SUNY-Downstate) Winthrop-Breon/American College of Chest Physicians, Young Scholar Award; Parker B. Francis, Research Fellowship of the Puritan-Bennett Foundation; William H. Dock Master Teacher Award.
Professional interests include general lung disease, asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, cough, pneumonia, pulmonary fibrosis.
- Internal Medicine
- Breathing Problem
- Chronic Cough
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Fiberoptic Bronchoscopy
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Disease
- Shortness of Breath
- Medical School: State University of New York - Downstate Health Sciences Center
- Fellowship: Mount Sinai Hospital
- Internship: Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, NY
- Fellowship: Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, NY
- Residency: Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, NY
Titles & Positions
- Chair, Quality Assurance, Department of Medicine
- Professor of Medicine at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Awards & Honors
- 1974 Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Kappa Phi, Distinction in all subjects, Cornell University
- 1978 Alpha Omega Alpha, Cum Laude, SUNY-Downstate
- 1983-1986 Parker B. Francis, Research Fellowship of the Puritan-Bennett Foundation
- 1987 Winthrop-Breon/American College of Chest Physicians, Young Scholar Award
- 2003 William H. Dock Master Teacher Award