Kurenai Tanji, MD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Kurenai Tanji, MD
Dr. Tanji obtained the medical degree and training in pathology at Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan, and joined Department of Neurology, Columbia University as a post-doctoral research fellow in 1991, studying muscle biology in the fields of Duchenne muscular dystrophy and mitochondrial encephalomyopathy.
In 2000, she moved to Department of Pathology & Cell Biology, Columbia University, to repeat the pathology residency in the United States, followed by the neuropathology fellowship, and joined the pathology faculty in 2004. She has been actively involved in the clinical service of neuropathology, especially in the neuromuscular pathology, collaborative research works in muscular dystrophy and mitochondrial disease, and medical and post-graduate education. She has been serving as the director of the Laboratory of Neuromuscular Pathology, Department of Pathology & Cell Biology, since 2008.
- Anatomic Pathology
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Medical School: Kinki University School of Medicine, Japan
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Professor of Pathology and Cell Biology (in Neurology)
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center