Additional Locations for Kimberly L Cooper, MD
ColumbiaDoctors - 19 Bradhurst Avenue19 Bradhurst AvenueHawthorne
CUIMC/Herbert Irving Pavilion161 Fort Washington AvenueNew York
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Book an Appointment Today
CALL TO SCHEDULE TODAY
CONNECT PATIENT PORTAL
About Kimberly L Cooper, MD
Dr. Kimberly L. Cooper received her undergraduate degree from Harvard University and her medical degree from the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. She completed her urology residency training at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center before completing a fellowship in voiding dysfunction, female urology and neurourology at the same institution.
Dr. Cooper is board certified in urology. She sees female and male patients with voiding dysfunction including urinary incontinence, overactive bladder, urinary infections, urine retention, vaginal prolapse, hematuria, pelvic pain, neurogenic bladder, and BPH. She has expertise in performing urodynamic testing. Her clinical and research interests include voiding dysfunction, urinary tract infections, and minimizing antibiotic use by maximizing behavioral interventions and alternative therapies to prevent UTIs.
Dr. Cooper is the Residency Program Director for the Urology Program at Columbia. She is also actively involved in the education of medical students.
She is a former competitive tennis player who played for Harvard University. She lives with her husband and two daughters in Westchester.
- Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy
- Bladder Prolapse
- Chronic Female Pelvic Pain
- Female Incontinence
- Female Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Female Pelvic Pain
- General Urology
- Hematuria (Blood In Urine)
- Overactive Bladder
- Pelvic Pain
- Urinary Disorders
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Vaginal Prolapse
- Voiding Dysfunction
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Medical School: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor of Urology at CUMC
- Co-Director, Voiding Dysfunction, Incontinence and Urodynamic Center
- Residency Program Director
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center