Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Book an Appointment Today
CALL TO SCHEDULE TODAY
CONNECT PATIENT PORTAL
About Kimara Leibowitz Targoff, MD
Kimara L. Targoff, MD, is interested in the identification and characterization of genes that are essential for key developmental processes in cardiac morphogenesis. She works clinically as a Pediatric Cardiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital. Simultaneously, Dr. Targoff studies the genetic mechanisms regulating heart development in zebrafish. Her laboratory's research is focused on the role of nkx genes, cardiac-specific homeodomain transcription factors, in establishing and maintaining cardiomyocyte identity.
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Research Studies
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital