Kevin L Gardner, MD, PhD
Pathology - Anatomic
Locations and Appointments
Login to Connect Patient Portal make an appointment, view documentation or contact your doctor’s office.
About Kevin L Gardner, MD, PhD
- Pathology - Anatomic
Specialties & Expertise
- Clinical Research
- Fellowship: Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Residency: National Institutes of Health
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Awards & Honors
- 1978 Academic All-American Football Player, CoSIDA
- 1984 William L. Strauss, Jr. Scholarship, Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- 1985 Awarded postdoctoral fellowship by the American Heart Association
- 1989 Kaiser Merit Scholar
- 1991 National Cancer Institute EEO Officers Recognition Award
- 1994 National Cancer Institute EEO Officers Recognition Award
- 1997 National Cancer Institute EEO Officers Recognition Award
- 1999 National Cancer Institute EEO Special Achievement Award
- 2003 Elected member of the American Society for Clinical Investigation (ASCI)
- 2004 National Cancer Institute Technology Transfer Award
- 2004 Philip J. Browning Scientific Pioneer Award, NIH Black Scientist Association
- 2005 Invited to attend 2005 Nobel Symposium on "Energy, molecules and the cosmos"
- 2007 Nexus Focus, Science Spectrum Magazine, Career Communications Group
- 2007 NIH Director's Award for "For exceptionally innovative application of both basic and translational approaches to defining the mechanisms of gene regulation and their role in the evolution of cancer"
- 2010 Emerald Honoree: Research Leadership, Career Communications Group
- 2011 NIH Director's Award for "for conducting the first research to clearly define a possible molecular mechanism linking metabolic imbalance with increased breast cancer risk"
- 2015 Office of the Director's Honors Award as part of the Intramural NIH-Wide Diversity Support Team
Need Help Finding a Doctor?