Kelly Marie Axsom, MD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Kelly Marie Axsom, MD
Kelly Axsom, MD is a cardiologist, specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with advanced heart failure including those requiring left ventricular assist device or cardiac transplantation. She is board certified in Internal Medicine, General Cardiology, Echocardiography, and Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplantation.
Dr. Axsom received her medical degree from Temple University School of Medicine. She completed her residency in Internal Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical Center where she was also the Chief Medical Resident. She completed her Fellowship in Cardiovascular Diseases at NYU Medical Center where she served as Chief Fellow. She completed her advanced training in advanced heart failure, pulmonary hypertension, cardiac assist devices and transplantation at Weill Cornell and Columbia University Medical Centers.
Dr. Axsom is currently Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Cardiology, Center for Advanced Cardiac Care of the Columbia University Medical Center. Her clinical and research interests include the acute care and chronic management of patients with heart failure, comprising a combined goal of reducing hospitalizations and improving the transition of care from the in-patient to the out-patient setting. Dr. Axsom is leading the clinical initiative for the continuous hemodynamic monitoring of these patients at Columbia University Medical Center.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
Specialties & Expertise
- Cardiogenic Shock
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction (HFpEF)
- Heart Transplant
- Left Ventricular Assist Devices (LVAD)
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowship: New York University Langone Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center