Kathleen M Capaccione, MD, PHD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Kathleen M Capaccione, MD, PHD
Kathleen M. Capaccione, MD, PhD, is an assistant professor of radiology at Columbia University Irivng Medical Center in the Division of Cardiothoracic Imaging. Her research interests include the development of novel radiopharmaceuticals for the imaging and treatment of lung cancer. She has previously published on the use of FAP targeted radiotherapy in conjunction with checkpoint inhibitor immunotherapy to increase response in melanoma and lung cancer. Her clinical research involves imaging the side effects of targeted therapy and the role of chest CT imaging in the quantitative assessment of interstitial lung disease. She teaches physics to the radiology residents and mentors students in both bench and clinical research. Her goal is to improve outcomes for cancer patients through the development of more effective molecular therapeutics with limited side effects.
- Medical School: Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Radiology at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital