Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Kathleen G. Brennan, MD
Kathleen Brennan, MD, is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Neonatology and the Associate Program Director for the Neonatal-Perinatal Fellowship Program at Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC).
After serving as Chief Resident for the pediatrics program at CUMC, Dr. Brennan continued at Columbia with subspecialty training in neonatology. During her neonatal-perinatal fellowship, she honed expertise in evaluating and treating a variety of neonates with common and rare pathologies, including those requiring cardiac surgery, ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation), high frequency ventilation, and therapeutic hypothermia for hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy.
Dr. Brennan's current research focuses on how doctors communicate with families, both in prenatal consultations and in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). She works closely with these families and their infants, both in the NICU/Neonatal Cardiac Intensive Care Unit and following their discharge in the Neonatal Followup Clinic. Together with her neonatology colleagues at CUMC, Dr. Brennan is passionate about giving every newborn baby the very best chance at a full and healthy life.
- Intensive Care
- Neonatal Nephrology
- Medical School: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical C
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
- Associate Program Director for the Neonatal-Perinatal Fellowship Program
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital