Katherine G Nickerson, MD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Katherine G Nickerson, MD
Dr. Nickerson's clinical interests are in general rheumatology, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, vasculitis and differential diagnosis. She has a background in both basic immunology and clinical rheumatology.
In addition to her clinical activities, she plays a major role in the educational mission of P&S as course director for the Medicine Clerkships, chair of the Major Clinical Year Committee and also oversees clinical and educational activities for the Department of Medicine as Vice Chair for Clinical Operations and Education. She has twice been awarded the Charles W. Bohmfalk Award for Distinguished Contributions to Teaching, is a Fellow of the Apgar Academy of Educators, and has been selected as a Gold DOC by the Arnold P. Gold Foundation. She is has been listed multiple years as one of New York Magazine's Best Doctors in New York and as well as a Best Doctor in America.
- Internal Medicine
Specialties & Expertise
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Residency: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Fellowship: Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, NY
- Internship: Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, NY
- Medical School: University of California San Francisco School of Medicine
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Director, Third Year Clerkship in Medicine
- Professor of Medicine at CUMC
- Vice Chair, Clinical Operations and Education, Department of Medicine
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center