Additional Locations for Katherine Fischkoff, MD
NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital5141 BroadwayNew York
CUIMC/Milstein Hospital Building177 Ft. Washington AvenueNew York
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Katherine Fischkoff, MD
Katherine Fischkoff, MD is a general and acute care surgeon, with a special interest in medical ethics. Dr. Fischkoff's clinical skills and research expertise have earned her recognition as Medical Director for the Surgical Step Down Unit and Vice-Chair of the Department of Surgery's Quality and Patient Safety Committee. She has produced influential research in the field of medical ethics to help clarify the role of the surgeon in difficult ethical situations. During the COVID pandemic, she led the way in developing standard-of-care recommendations to guide the diverse and numerous ethics challenges faced by all healthcare workers.
Dr. Fischkoff earned her medical degree from George Washington University and went on to receive specialized training at NYU, Cornell and Memorial-Sloan Kettering before joining the team at Columbia.
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Intestinal Surgery
- Laparascopic Abdominal Surgery
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Internship: New York University Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Residency: Bellevue Hospital-NYU Program
- Fellowship: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor of Surgery at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center