Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
About Karin M. Fuchs, MD
Karin Fuchs, MD is the Chief Data and Analytics Officer for the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and an Associate Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology at CUMC. She also serves as the Director of Operations and the Director of Ultrasound for the Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
Dr. Fuchs brings to the Maternal-Fetal Medicine team an interest and expertise in ultrasound, and 3D-imaging for prenatal diagnosis and treatment in high-risk pregnancies. Her research focus includes first-trimester screening, use of ultrasound to detect fetal structural malformations, and 3D ultrasound used to evaluate fetal growth. She currently serves as a co-investigator on the National Institute of Child Health and Development (NICHD)-funded Fetal Growth Study and the NICHD-funded Nulliparous Pregnancy Outcomes Study Monitoring Mothers-to-be (NuMOM2B).
Dr. Fuchs has presented numerous abstracts at national conferences, and has authored several articles and book chapters on such subjects as first-trimester screening, prenatal diagnosis, medical complications in pregnancy, late preterm birth, and management of multiple gestations. She edits the Nuchal Translucency Quality Review program's newsletter and is active member in the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine, and the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Abnormal Prenatal Diagnosis
- Advanced Fetal Ultrasound
- Cervical Insufficiency
- Fetal Anomaly
- Fetal Diagnosis
- Fetal Ultrasound
- Heart Disease In Pregnancy
- High Risk Obstetrics
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Hypertension In Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Complications
- Prenatal Diagnosis
- Preterm Birth Prevention
- Transabdominal Cervical Cerclage (TAC)
- Transvaginal Cervical Cerclage
- Residency: Women & Infants Hospital-Brown University
- Medical School: Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- Fellowship: Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: Brown University
Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology at CUMC