Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Book an Appointment Today
CALL TO SCHEDULE TODAY
CONNECT PATIENT PORTAL
About Karen Altmann, MD
Karen Altmann, MD, is an Associate Professor of Pediatrics. She has expertise in pediatric echocardiography. Her interests include echocardiographic assessment of right and left ventricular function.
Dr. Altmann is involved in the teaching and training of the pediatric cardiology fellows and is Director of pediatric cardiology Fellowship education in echocardiography at NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital. She is Director of Quality Improvement in the pediatric echocardiography laboratory. She is currently involved in the Pediatric Heart Network, participating in several multicenter trials sponsored by the NIH evaluating children with congenital heart disease.
Dr. Altmann is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Heart Association, American Society of Echocardiography, the Pediatric Cardiology Society of Greater New York, and is on the Board of Directors of the New York Pediatric Echocardiographic Society.
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Congenital Heart Disease
- Pediatric Echocardiography
- Fellowship: Children's Hospital of Boston
- Fellowship: Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital of NewYork-Presbyterian
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital of NewYork-Presbyterian
Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center