Karan Wats, MD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Karan Wats, MD
Dr. Karan Wats is an Assistant Professor of Medicine and Cardiologist, specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with advanced heart failure. His practice includes those requiring left ventricular assist device or heart transplantation. He also attends as a cardiac intensivist. He is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Echocardiography, Nuclear Cardiology, Hypertension and Advanced Heart Failure & Transplant Cardiology.
Dr. Wats received his medical degree from Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, India. He completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Maimonides Medical Center. He then went on to do Hypertension Research fellowship at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai followed by Cardiology fellowship at Maimonides Medical Center and Advanced Heart Failure, Transplant fellowship at Westchester Medical Center. He is particularly interested in infiltrative cardiomyopathy and currently serves as an associate director for amyloid program.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine, Hypertension
- Medical School: Dayanand Medical College and Hospital
- Residency: Maimonides Medical Center
- Fellowship: Maimonides Medical Center
- Internship: Maimonides Medical Center
- Fellowship: Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Fellowship: Westchester Medical Center
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center