Locations and Appointments
NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital
ColumbiaDoctors - Tarrytown
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Justin Anthony Neira, MD
Dr. Justin A. Neira, MD, is an Assistant Professor of Neurological Surgery, Specializing in all aspects of spinal surgery with a particular interest in spinal oncology, spinal cord tumors, degenerative spine disease (cervical, thoracic, lumbar), and spinal cord injury.
Dr. Neira has spearheaded the cross-campus surgical spinal oncology program with his colleagues from oncology and radiation oncology at NYP-Columbia, NYP-Och, and NYP-Westchester. His goal is to provide easily accessible and streamlined multi-specialty expertise to patients with spinal metastases as well as primary spine and spinal cord tumors.
In addition to spinal oncology, Dr. Neira treats a variety of surgical spinal issues including disc herniations in the neck and back, sciatica, spondylosis, cervical myelopathy, as well as all forms of intradural spinal issues.
Dr. Neira began his medical career at Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons, where he graduated with the Alfred M. Markowitz Endowment for Scholars, for his dedication to patient care, teaching, and scholarship in surgery. For his post-doctoral training, Dr. Neira remained at Columbia to complete his residency in neurological surgery, pursuing a 6-month International Neurosurgery Fellowship at Canterbury District Health Board/Christchurch Hospital in New Zealand.
Dr. Neira's research interests include improving outcomes following spinal cord injury and regaining function through the use of stimulation and nerve transfer. He is also interested in improving the safety of spinal tumor surgery as well as understanding the biological nature of spinal cord tumors.
Specialties & Expertise
- Benign Tumor of Spinal Cord
- Cervical Disc Herniations
- Degenerative Cervical Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Degenerative Spinal Disorder
- Degenerative Spine Disease
- Disc Herniations
- Lumbar Disc Herniation
- Malignant Tumor of Spinal Cord
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Spinal Cord Tumor
- Spinal Tumors
- Spine (all aspects)
- Spine Injuries
- Spine Injury
- Spine Tumors
- Medical School: Columbia University / Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Fellowship: Canterbury District Health Board/Christchurch Hospital, Christchurch, New Zealand
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Neurological Surgery
- Och Spine At NewYork-Presbyterian
- NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester