Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About John P. Crapanzano, MD
Dr. Crapanzano received his MD from Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans, LA, and completed residency training in anatomic and clinical pathology at Louisiana State University Medical Center/Charity Hospital in New Orleans. He subsequently completed three consecutive fellowships, including Surgical Pathology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) and Oncologic Pathology and Cytopathology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (New York, NY).
Before coming to Columbia University Medical Center in 2009, Dr. Crapanzano was at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, where he participated in the surgical pathology and cytology services, and subsequently at Weill Cornell Medical Center, where participated in the cytopathology service and served as director of the cytology fellowship. In addition to his clinical responsibilities, he has lectured to students of cytotechnology, pathology residents, and cytopathology fellows. He has co-authored book chapters and published a number of articles on tumor cytomorphology and other cytopathology-related topics.
- Surgical Pathology
- Internship: Charity Hospital Medical Center of Louisiana
- Internship: Louisiana State University Medical Center
- Fellowship: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, NY
- Residency: Louisiana State University Medical Center
- Residency: Charity Hospital Medical Center of Louisiana
- Fellowship: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Residency: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor of Pathology & Cell Biology at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center