Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Book an Appointment Today
CONNECT PATIENT PORTAL
Virtual Urgent Care
About John Babineau, MD
Dr. John Babineau is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics (in Emergency Medicine) at the Columbia University Medical Center. Dr. Babineau is the Vice-Chair and Chief of Pediatric Emergency Medicine for the Department of Emergency Medicine. Dr. Babineau completed undergraduate education at the University of Pennsylvania followed by medical school at Robert Wood Johnson-Rutgers where he graduated with AOA and Gold Humanism Society Honors. After medical school, he completed a Pediatrics residency and then a chief resident year here at NYP-Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital during which he received the NYP Physician of the Year - Spirit of Collaboration Award. Dr. Babineau completed a Pediatric Emergency Medicine fellowship at NYP as well, and in 2013 was awarded the Pediatric Fellow of the Year Award. Following fellowship, he joined the faculty at Columbia and then completed the Greater NY Hospital Association and United Hospital Fund Clinical Quality Fellowship Program in 2016. Dr. Babineau is board certified in pediatrics and pediatric emergency medicine and practices at New York-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital.
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Medical School: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics (in Emergency Medicine) at CUMC
- Interim Chief Pediatric EM; Director, Quality and Patient Safety PEM
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital