Jeffrey G Odel, MD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Jeffrey G Odel, MD
Dr. Jeffrey Odel is a Professor of Ophthalmology at CUMC and specializes in the field of Neuro-Ophthalmology.
Dr. Odel is active in both clinical and research arenas. His present research interest is in developing efficient clinical tools to distinguish vision loss and visual field loss of optic nerve origin from that of retinal origin. He works with Donald C. Hood, Ph. D., of the department of psychology, in a weekly conference where visual fields are correlated with multifocal electroretinography, multifocal visual evoked potentials and spectral domain optical coherence tomography. He will be addressing with Dr. Hood the most cost effective diagnostic pathway of the work-up of visual loss under different clinical scenarios.
- Fellowship: Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, NY
- Medical School: University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry
- Residency: Mount Sinai Hospital
- Internship: Henry Ford Hospital
- Fellowship: Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Professor of Ophthalmology at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center