Jeffrey A Ascherman, MD
Locations and Appointments
CUIMC/Milstein Hospital Building
ColumbiaDoctors - Midtown
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Jeffrey A Ascherman, MD
Dr. Ascherman is Site Chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery and a Professor of Surgery at Columbia University Irving Medical Center. He obtained his B.A. degree from Harvard University, and his M.D. from Columbia University's Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons where he was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. He then completed his general and plastic surgery training at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center. In addition, he completed a craniofacial fellowship in Paris.
Dr. Ascherman is an experienced plastic and reconstructive surgeon who has published over 75 scientific articles and chapters, and has presented his work at a number of national and international meetings. He is a member of numerous plastic surgery societies, including the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (where he serves as an elected Trustee), the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the American Association of Plastic Surgeons, and the Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons. Dr. Ascherman has been included multiple times in Castle Connolly's list of America's Top Doctors and in New York Magazine's annual list of Best Doctors. He has been an active participant in humanitarian surgical missions, and has traveled numerous times to China as well as to South America to perform volunteer surgeries.
- Plastic Surgery
Specialties & Expertise
- Breast Reconstruction
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Craniofacial Surgery
- Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Facial Plastic Surgery
- Pediatric Plastic Surgery
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Komansky Children's Hospital
Awards & Honors
- "Gold Doc" Award from the Arnold P. Gold Foundation "for demonstrating compassion, empathy and respect in the practice of medicine," 2005.
- "President's Award" for the top presentation at the 2012 annual meeting of the Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society.
- Best Research Paper Award at the 1994 Plastic Surgery Senior Residents Conference.
- Included in Castle Connolly's How to Find the Best Doctors: New York Metro Area, 1997-2020.
- Included in Castle Connollys Americas Top Doctors, 2011-2020.
- Included in New York Magazine's "Best Doctors" issue, 2011-2020.
- Teacher of the Year Award, Division of Plastic Surgery, New York Presbyterian Hospital, 2009, 2012.
- Teacher Recognition Award, Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons, 2000.