Additional Locations for Janice James Aubey, MD, MPH
ColumbiaDoctors - Midtown51 West 51st StreetNew York
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Book an Appointment Online
Book an Appointment Online
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Janice James Aubey, MD, MPH
Dr. Janice Aubey's practice is dedicated to caring for women from adolescence through menopause. Her clinical practice is divided between office care, in-patient obstetrics, and surgical gynecology. She prides herself on maintaining a breadth of practice which permits her to serve as a healthcare provider and adviser for patients throughout their reproductive years.
Dr. Aubey elected to study medicine after working in community planning in Cameroon, West Africa. She earned a Master's in Public Health from Tulane University of School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine and a Medical Degree from Case Western Reserve School of Medicine. Her interest in global health led her to travel throughout Africa and Latin America. She speaks French and Spanish proficiently. She completed a year of post-graduate training at Memorial Sloane Kettering where she studied indicators for quality of life in patients following extensive surgery for advanced pelvic cancers.
Dr. Aubey serves as Medical Director of the Postpartum Service at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center. As a front-line practitioner and researcher by training, she is actively involved in obstetric simulation, protocol development and the re-design efforts for labor and delivery and the postpartum service. Simulation in obstetrics allows medical team members to re-create emergencies such as shoulder dystocia, postpartum hemorrhage, and hypertensive crisis in order to critically evaluate practices. These exercises ultimately lead to improved team coordination preparedness. Dr. Aubey's administrative activities support her focus on patients' healthcare experience by working to improve patient safety and quality assurance.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Contraceptive Care
- Family Planning
- Gynecologic Exams
- Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
- Irregular Periods/Menstrual Cycles
- Menstrual Disorders
- Pap Smear
- Pregnancy Care
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Routine Gynecologic Care
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD)
- Fellowship: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, NY
- Medical School: Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- Residency: St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center
- Residency: St Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology at CUMC
- Medical Director of Postpartum Service at NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Childrens Hospital of New York
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center