James Burke Fine, DMD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About James Burke Fine, DMD
Dr. Fine is presently Senior Associate Dean for Postdoctoral Academic and Student Affairs, Professor of Dental Medicine (in Periodontics) at CUMC, and Attending Dental Surgeon on the Presbyterian Hospital Dental Service. He also serves as the Chief Practice Director of Faculty Practices at the College of Dental Medicine. Dr. Fine became a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology in 1993. He has participated extensively in the educational program, teaching dental students during all four years of their education and postdoctoral students in all three years of their master's training programs. He has served on the American Academy of Periodontology committees including the Research, Science and Therapy Committee.
Dr. Fine has been the recipient of several teaching awards and fellowships at Columbia. He has been a principal investigator or co-investigator in funded research projects and he has authored or co-authored numerous articles, chapters, and abstracts in the periodontal literature including co-authoring the text Clinical Guide to Periodontics. He provides services in Implant Dentistry, Periodontics, and Oral Medicine at the faculty practice.
Specialties & Expertise
- Dental Extractions and Bone Grafts
- Dental Implant
- Dental Implant Surgery
- Gum Disease
- Laser Periodontics
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Oral Medicine
- Periodontal Surgery
- Periodontal Therapy
- Medical School: Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- Medical School: Fairleigh Dickenson Dental School, NJ
- Residency: Brookdale Hospital Medical Center
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Chief Practice Director of Faculty Practices, College of Dental Medicine
- Professor of Dental Medicine (Periodontics) at CUMC
- Senior Associate Dean for Postdoctoral Academic and Student Affairs, College of Dental Medicine
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center