Jai Radhakrishnan, MD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Jai Radhakrishnan, MD
Dr. Radhakrishnan is Professor of Medicine at Columbia University Medical Center. He is the Director of Clinical Services of the Nephrology Division. His clinical and research interests are the in the therapy of chronic kidney disease (including glomerular diseases and lupus kidney disease), hypertension and intensive care nephrology.
He is a co-director of the hypertension center of Columbia Universtiy
He is a fellow of the American Society of Nephrology and National Kidney Foundation. His commitment to medical education and patient care is exemplified by his numerous teaching awards and his inclusion in the Who's Who among America's Teachers & Educators, America's Best Doctors and Castle Connolly's Top Doctor.
- Internal Medicine
Specialties & Expertise
- Glomerular Diseases and Nephrotic Syndrome
- Intensive Care
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Failure
- Kidney Stones
- Fellowship: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Medical School: Jawaharlal Institute - India
- Internship: Lincoln Medical & Mental Health Center
- Residency: Lincoln Medical & Mental Health Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital
Awards & Honors
- 1989: Excellence in Teaching - Golden Apple Award, New York Medical College
- 1992: Fellow of the Year - Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center
- 1994: Junior Attending of the Year, Dept of Medicine
- 2001: Best Morning Report Attending, Dept of Medicine.
- 2003: Senior Attending of the Year, Dept of Medicine
- 2005: Ewig Clinical Education Award, Dept of Medicine.
- 2006: Daniel V. Kimberg Memorial Teaching Award, Dept of Medicine
- 2009: Charles W. Bohmfalk Award for Excellence in Pre-clinical Teaching, Columbia University
- 2010: Member, Glenda Garvey Teaching Academy, Columbia University
- 2010: Outstanding Teacher of the Year, Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons (Preclinical)
- Castle Connolly, Best Doctors in America
- Madisons Whos Who
- New York Times Magazine Super Doctors
- Patients Choice Award
- Who's Who Among Executives and Professionals, Honors Edition
- Whos Who among Americas Teachers & Educators