Israel Deutsch, MD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Israel Deutsch, MD
Israel Deutsch, M.D., is Assistant Professor of Radiation Oncology at New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center. Dr. Deutsch cares for patients with all types of cancer, with a special interest in Prostate, Gynecologic, and Head & Neck cancers. He is Director of Brachytherapy Services in the Department of Radiation Oncology. Dr. Deutsch is a respected researcher with numerous peer-reviewed contributions to medical literature and has edited many book chapters in his areas of expertise. He is a member of the Review Committee on Continuing Medical Education at Columbia University Medical Center. Dr. Deutsch received his medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He then received transitional year training during an internship at New York Hospital Queens, after which he completed his radiation oncology residency at SUNY Downstate Medical Center. Dr. Deutsch then furthered his training with a fellowship in brachytherapy at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
In collaboration with several clinical and basic science colleagues, he is conducting a number of clinical and translational studies. Dr. Deutsch sits on the Internal Review Board (IRB) for Clinical Trials and is also a member of the Children's Oncology Group (COG) as Investigator representing the Department of Radiation Oncology.
Dr. Deutsch is very involved in residency education and serves as Associate Director of the Radiation Oncology Residency Program at New York Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center.
- Radiation Oncology
Specialties & Expertise
- 3D Conformal Radiotherapy
- Adrenal Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Cancer Treatment
- Genitourinary Cancer
- Gynecologic Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- High Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy
- Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT)
- Kidney Cancer
- Palliative Radiotherapy
- Prostate Cancer
- Protons and Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy/Radiosurgery (SBRT)
- Radiation Therapy
- Testicular Cancer
- Fellowship: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, NY
- Medical School: Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University
- Internship: New York Hospital Queens
- Residency: State University of New York - Downstate Medical Center
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Radiation Oncology at CUMC
- Director of Clinical Operations
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center