Ilene Fennoy, MD
Ilene Fennoy, MD
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Ilene Fennoy, MD
Dr. Fennoy is a board certified pediatric endocrinologist with additional certification as a Physician Nutrition Specialist as well as an Obesity Medicine specialist. She received her Doctor of Medicine degree form the University of California, San Francisco and her Masters Degree in Public Health from Columbia University, School of Public Health. Her pediatric training was done in the Department of Social Pediatrics, Montefiore Hospital, Bronx, New York, Nutrition training at the Institute of Human Nutrition, Columbia University and Pediatric Endocrine training with the Pediatric Medicine Branch off the National Institute of Child Health, Bethesda, Maryland.
She has focused much of her research on the comorbidities identified in morbidly obese children and adolescents as well as the impact bariatric surgery has on these problems. In addition, she has been involved in a school based study to evaluate the impact of a nutrition education curriculum and exercise program on the changes in insulin resistance in middle school children.
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Disorder of Calcium Metabolism
- Growth Disorder
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Medical School: University of California San Francisco School of Medicine
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: Montefiore Medical Center
- Fellowship: National Institutes of Health
- Internship: Montefiore Medical Center
Titles & Positions
- Director, POWER Program for Overweight Education and Reduction
- Medical Director Comprehensive Adolescent Bariatric Surgery Program
- Professor of Pediatrics at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center