Helai Hesham, MD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Helai Hesham, MD
Helai Hesham, MD is board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and subspecialized in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (Urogynecology). Dr. Hesham completed her fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School.
She provides individualized medical and surgical care for women with pelvic organ prolapse, urinary and fecal incontinence, overactive bladder, fistula, pelvic floor trauma and pelvic pain. Surgically she utilizes minimally invasive techniques including vaginal, laparoscopic, robotic and cystoscopic surgery.
Dr. Hesham is passionate about helping care for women both locally and abroad and has specialized in obstetric fistula care in sub-Saharan Africa as well as international surgical training which she will continue here at Columbia.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Specialties & Expertise
- Complex Gynecologic Surgery
- Female Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Female Pelvic Pain
- Female Pelvic Surgery
- Labial Hypertrophy
- Laparoscopic Gynecologic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Pelvic Pain
- Pelvic Reconstruction
- Robotic Gynecologic Surgery
- Urologic Incontinance
- Vaginal Fistula Repair
- Vaginal Laser Therapy
- Vaginal Reconstruction
- Vulvar pain
- Residency: LeHigh Valley Hospital
- Fellowship: Massachusettes General Hospital
- Fellowship: Massachuesetts General Hospital
- Residency: Lehigh Valley Health Network
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center