Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Gurcharanjeet Kaur, MD
Dr. Kaur is a board-certified child neurologist and a pediatric neuro-oncologist. Her interests include Neurofibromatosis related tumors, cancer related neurotoxicity, and tumor targeted therapy for low grade gliomas. She chose the field of neuro-oncology as she would like to dedicate her career to help children have the best chance for a future while minimizing the toxicities and residual deficits.
She is especially interested in Neurofibromatosis, a genetic disorder that affects 1 out of 3, 000 children and adults. Patients with this genetic disorder can develop brain, spinal cord, and nerve tumors. As a neuro-oncologist, her aim is to provide highest quality of care and access to the recent advances in the field.
Dr. Kaur remains committed to the clinical and pre-clinical research. She has been involved in the clinical trials as a site principal investigator and co-investigator. She mentors' residents, fellows, and medical students interested in the field of child neurology and neuro-oncology.
- Brain Tumor
- Spinal Cord Tumor
- Medical School: Lady Hardinge Medical College
- Fellowship: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Residency: Stony Brook University Medical Center
- Residency: Flushing Hospital Medical Center
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Neurology at CUMC
Awards & Honors
- 2006-2017 Resident Research Award, SUNY at Stony Brook
- 2006/2016 Resident Research Award to team QA project, SUNY at Stony Brook
- 2011-2012 Intern of the Year, Flushing Hospital Medical Center
- 2011/2016 New York State Neurostakes Competition, first place, Team Captain, Stony Brook Neurology Team
- 2014 Eastern Society for Pediatric Research, Philadelphia
- 2015 Society for Neuro-Oncology Annual Meeting, San Antonio
- 2016 American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting, Vancouver
- 2016 Society for Neuro-Oncology Annual Meeting, Scottsdale