Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Book an Appointment Today
CALL TO SCHEDULE TODAY
CONNECT PATIENT PORTAL
About Gul Moonis, MD
Dr. Gul Moonis is board certified in diagnostic radiology with subspecialty training in neuroradiology. Dr. Moonis is an associate professor of radiology at Columbia University Irving Medical Center and associate attending radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. She heads the head and neck imaging section within the Division of Neuroradiology. In addition to all aspects of general neuroradiology, Dr Moonis has clinical expertise in radiology of the head and neck. Dr. Moonis' research currently focuses on imaging of the temporal bone which has resulted in publications, book chapters, and review articles.
Her clinical responsibilities also include teaching and supervising radiology residents and medical students. She is particularly dedicated to mentoring residents and fellows in clinical research projects as evidenced by the 41 abstracts presented within the last three years. A gifted educator, Dr. Moonis has won numerous teaching awards at UPenn and Harvard and has been an invited speaker at various national and international meeting in the field of head and neck radiology. Dr. Moonis is a member of the Radiological Society of North America and American Society of Neuroradiology and a senior member of the Eastern Neurological Society and American Society of Head and Neck Radiology.
- Diagnostic Radiology
- CAT Scan (CT Scan)
- Computerized Axial Tomography (CT)
- Functional Brain Mapping
- Interventional Neuroradiology
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Neuro Imaging
- Residency: University of Toledo Medical Center
- Fellowship: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Fellowship: Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania
- Residency: University Of Massachusetts Medical Center
Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor of Radiology at CUMC
- Chief, Head and Neck Imaging Section
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital