Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Connect Patient Portal
About Ganga Krishnamurthy, MD
Ganga Krishnamurthy, MD, is the Medical Director of the Milstein Family Infant Cardiac Unit and is the Garrett Isaac Neubauer Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Columbia University Medical Center.
She is one of the few doctors in the United States with unique and rare expertise in neonatal cardiac intensive care and is a pioneer in her field. As Medical Director of the nation's first and only dedicated neonatal and infant cardiac intensive care unit, Dr. Krishnamurthy brings exclusive qualifications for leading a team of specialists. She works closely with doctors from maternal fetal medicine, fetal cardiologists, pediatric cardiologists, neonatal and pediatric cardiothoracic surgeons, and general surgeons to provide evidence-based, family-centered, comprehensive care from birth until discharge. The multidisciplinary approach at the Infant Cardiac Unit has produced outstanding outcomes, particularly in low birthweight and premature neonates with complex congenital heart disease.
Dr. Krishnamurthy applies her rare expertise to evaluate and treat newborns with complex congenital heart diseases. Some of the conditions she treats are hypoplastic left heart syndrome, d-Transposition of the Great Arteries, Tetralogy of Fallot, Truncus Arteriosus, and Totally Anomalous Pulmonary Vein drainage.
In addition, Dr. Krishnamurthy is a nationally recognized thought leader in the field of neonatal cardiac intensive care and has several publications to her credit. She is committed to the mission of improving the health of children born with congenital heart disease and dedicated to the advancement of science in the field of neonatal cardiac intensive care.
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Neonatal Care
- Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Cornell and Columbia
- Residency: Maimondes Medical Center
- Fellowship: Children's Hospital of Boston
- Fellowship: Weill Cornell Medical College
Titles & Positions
- Garrett Isaac Neubauer Associate Professor of Pediatrics
- Garrett Isaac Neubauer Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Columbia University Medical Center
- Medical Director, Milstein Family Infant Cardiac Unit
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center