Gabriel Moss Rand, MD
Locations and Appointments
CUIMC/Edward S. Harkness Eye Institute
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Gabriel Moss Rand, MD
Gabriel Rand, MD, is Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at CUMC, and a board-certified cornea expert specializing in the medical and surgical management of cornea, anterior segment, and refractive conditions.
Dr. Rand received his fellowship training in cornea, anterior segment, and refractive surgery at Columbia University Irving Medical Center. He has an undergraduate degree from the School of Engineering at Cornell University and completed his medical school and ophthalmology residency at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. During his residency, Dr. Rand was awarded the Ronald M. Burde Award for Excellence in Research for his work in the application of advanced statistical methods with eye bank data.
Dr. Rand will be seeing patients in Columbia Ophthalmology's Westchester practice and the Edward S. Harkness Eye Institute in northern Manhattan.
Specialties & Expertise
- Anterior Segment Surgery
- Cornea and External Eye Disease
- Cornea Transplant
- Corneal Disorders
- Laser Refractive Surgery
- Laser Surgery
- Lasik Laser Vision Correction
- Refractive Eye Surgery
- Medical School: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Residency: Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
- Internship: Northwell Health / Lenox Hill Hospital
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center