Frederick Arthur Ehlert, MD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Frederick Arthur Ehlert, MD
Frederick A. Ehlert, MD, is a cardiac electrophysiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center.
Dr. Ehlert's areas of expertise include sudden cardiac death, pacemaker and defibrillator therapy and chronic device and lead extraction and revisions. He has authored over 40 peer-reviewed papers, reviews, and book chapters in electrophysiology and presented his original research at scientific meetings.
Dr. Ehlert graduated from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York City, he completed his internship and residency training in internal medicine at St. Luke's-Roosevelt, and his cardiology and electrophysiology fellowship training at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago.
Dr. Ehlert has been on the Columbia faculty since 1993, and became the Program Director of the Electrophysiology Fellowship at Columbia in 2006. Dr. Ehlert is Director of Physician Development for Columbia HeartSource, establishing its electrophysiology Quality Assurance practices.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Internal Medicine
Specialties & Expertise
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Holter Monitor
- Implant Cardiac Defibrillator
- Permanent Pacemakers
- Fellowship: Northwestern University Hospital
- Medical School: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residency: St. Lukes Roosevelt Hospital
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor of Medicine at CUMC
- Director of Physician Development, Columbia HeartSource
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center