Frank D'Ovidio, MD, PhD
Frank D'Ovidio, MD, PhD
Additional Locations for Frank D'Ovidio, MD, PhD
CUIMC/Herbert Irving Pavilion161 Fort Washington AvenueFloor 3New York
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Frank D'Ovidio, MD, PhD
Dr. Frank D'Ovidio, MD, PhD, is Professor of Surgery at Columbia University Medical Center and surgical director of the Lung Transplant and Ex-Vivo Lung Perfusion Programs. Dr. D'Ovidio has lectured and published extensively on the subject of lung transplantation and ex-vivo perfusion.
Dr. D'Ovidio is renown for his surgical work in patients with lung cancer and other thoracic disorders including, esophageal disorders, robotic thoracic surgery and thoracic outlet syndrome.
He received his MD from the University of Bologna, Italy, completed his surgical residency at St. Orsola University Hospital, Italy and completed his Fellowship at the University of Toronto Hospitals, Canada.
Dr. D'Ovidio has been an invited speaker and principal and co- investigator of numerous clinical trials, author of numerous publications in reknown journals such as the Journal of The American College of Cardiology, Annals of Thoracic Surgery, and the Journal of Heart and Lung Transplant, among many others.
Dr. D'Ovidio is a member of numerous prestigious societies and councils including the American Association for Thoracic Surgery, the International Society of Heart & Lung Transplantation, Scientific Committee for Thoracic Surgery, the European Society of Thoracic Surgeons and an Honorary Member, of Societas Medica Chirurgica Bononiensis, among others.
- Bloodless Surgery
- Esophageal Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer Surgery
- Esophageal Surgery
- Ex-vivo lung Perfusion
- GERD-Laparoscopic Technique
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer Surgery
- Lung Surgery
- Lung Transplantation
- Lung Volume Reduction Surgery (LVRS)
- Mediastinal Tumor
- Organ Transplant, Pediatric
- Robotic Esophageal Surgery
- Robotic Lung Surgery
- Robotic Mediastinal Surgery
- Robotic Thoracic Surgery
- Second Opinion
- Thoracic Lung Cases
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Thoracic/Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Thoracoscopic Surgical Procedure
- Thorascopic Lung Surgery
- Fellowship: University of Toronto Hospitals
- Medical School: University of Bologna, Italy
- Residency: St. Orsola University Hospital, Italy
Titles & Positions
- Director, Ex-Vivo Lung Perfusion Program
- Professor of Surgery at CUMC
- Surgical Director, Lung Transplant Program
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
Awards & Honors
- 2005 Philip K Caves Award, International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation, in recognition of outstanding contributions in the field of heart and lung transplantation, May 8, 2005, Philadelphia
- Best experimental research, Italian Society of Organ Transplantation (SITO), XXV National Congress Bologna 19-21 September 1999