Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Francisco Guzman, MD
Dr. Francisco Guzman-Pruneda is an Assistant Professor of Surgery at Columbia University Medical Center. He is Board Certified in Surgery by the American Board of Surgery. He completed his Medical School training in Monterrey, Mexico, his residency in General Surgery at Brigham and Women's Hospital and The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and a fellowship in Bariatric Surgery at Mount Sinai in New York City.
In addition, Dr. Guzman-Pruneda completed two research fellowships: in Immunology at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer and in Pediatric Surgery at Texas Children's Hospital (Baylor College of Medicine), and a Global Surgery Exchange Program in Sydney, Australia. Dr. Guzman's clinical specialties include both laparoscopic and robotic approaches in general and bariatric surgery.
- Surgery - General Surgery
- Bariatric/Weight Loss Surgery
- Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding
- Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Metabolic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Obesity Surgery
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Weight Management
- Medical School: Tecnologico de Monterrey
- Residency: Ohio State University
- Fellowship: Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Internship: Brigham and Women's Hospital (Harvard Medical School)
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Surgery