Frances S. Shin, MD
Frances S. Shin, MD
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Frances S. Shin, MD
Dr. Frances Shin is an Assistant Professor in Psychiatry at Columbia University Medical Center and an assistant attending psychiatrist in the Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Clinic at NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital.
Dr. Shin attended the University of Pennsylvania, graduating with a BA in biology. She obtained her medical degree at New York Medical College. She completed her general psychiatry residency at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center and her child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship at the NYPH Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Residency Training Program of Columbia and Cornell Universities.
After completion of her training, Dr. Shin worked with underserved youth as a child and adolescent psychiatrist in the Bronx clinics of Astor Services for Children and Families. At Astor, she also was involved in their school-based program and helped to develop and implement their telepsychiatry program. Additionally, Dr. Shin's interest in working with underserved communities has led to volunteer activities in the U.S. and in Ghana, Honduras, Mexico, and India.
In 2009, Dr. Shin was selected as a National Health Service Corps Scholar. In 2014, she was awarded the Matthew S. T. Winer, MD, Award in Community Psychiatry. In 2016, she was awarded the Barbara Ann Liskin Award in Psychiatry.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Cornell and Columbia
- Internship: Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
- Residency: Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Attending Psychiatrist, NYP Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital