Fatemeh Derakhshan, MD, PHD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Fatemeh Derakhshan, MD, PHD
Fatemeh Derakhshan, MD Ph.D. is an anatomical pathologist at the Department of Pathology and Cell Biology. She completed her Anatomic Pathology residency at University of British Columbia (UBC) Vancouver, Canada, and her breast pathology fellowship training at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC), NY, US. Prior to her residency training, she accomplished her Ph.D. in Neuroscience at University of Calgary (UofC), Alberta, Canada, and her Medical Degree (MD) at University of Isfahan, Iran.
Dr. Derakhshan is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada and has a number of articles published in peer-reviewed journals. Her current research interest involves different types of breast cancers, their genomic and molecular underpinning, and their therapeutic vulnerabilities.
- American Board of Pathology - Anatomic Pathology
Specialties & Expertise
- Breast Pathology
- Surgical Pathology
- Medical School: Isfahan University of Medical Sciences
- Residency: University of British Columbia (UBC)
- Fellowship: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre (MSKCC)
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Pathology and Cell Biology at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center