Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Evelyn Berger-Jenkins, MD
Dr. Berger is a general pediatrician at the Charles Rangel Community Health Center in Harlem, NY. In addition to her clinical role, she teaches resident trainees and medical students at the NYP-CU medical center, and collaborates with behavioral health specialists on research aiming to improve identification and treatment of psycho-social issues in young children / families. Related projects include a longitudinal study to identify sources of healthcare disparities in the treatment of childhood ADHD and an evaluation of the use of screening tools to identify patients with mental health issues in the primary care setting. She has received grant funding to explore best methods to address and co-manage (with community partners) psycho-social and social determinants of health issues affecting her patients. Dr. Berger is a bilingual-bicultural practitioner and a native of the Bronx, NY. She is dedicated to service and research in the diverse and vibrant communities of upper Manhattan.
- Behavioral Health Consultation
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Awards & Honors
- 2001, National Medical Fellowships Aura E. Severinghaus Award
- 2001, William Perry Watson Prize in Pediatrics (Children's Hospital of NY)
- 2004, Anne E. Dyson Training Initiative Recognition for Excellence in Community Pediatrics
- 2007, Mount Sinai Award for Excellence in Advocacy and Community Pediatrics