Additional Locations for Evelyn Attia, MD
NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester Behavioral Health Center21 Bloomingdale RoadWhite Plains
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Book an Appointment Today
CONNECT PATIENT PORTAL
About Evelyn Attia, MD
Dr. Attia received her A.B. from Princeton University in 1982 and her M.D. from Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons in 1986. Formerly the director of the inpatient eating disorders program at The New York State Psychiatric Institute, Dr. Attia has more recently focused on research involving the psychobiology and treatment of anorexia nervosa. Since 1999, she has received uninterrupted funding for her research from the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH).
Dr. Attia has received a Young Investigator Award from The National Alliance for Research in Schizophrenia and Depression (NARSAD), a Pfizer/Society for Women's Health Research Faculty Development Award in Women's Health, and a Career Development Award from NIMH. Dr. Attia is a member of the eating disorders work-group for DSM-5. She is also a member of The Eating Disorders Research Society and has been elected Fellow of the Academy for Eating Disorders.
- Eating Disorders
- Medical School: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Internship: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
Titles & Positions
- Attending Psychiatrist
- Clinical Professor of Psychiatry
- Director, Columbia Center for Eating Disorders, Columbia University Medical Center
- Director, Eating Disorders Research Program, New York State Psychiatric Institute
- Professor of Clinical Psychiatry
- Professor of Psychiatry at CUMC
- Professor of Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medical College
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center