Additional Locations for Ernst Garcon, MD
CUIMC/Neurological Institute of New York710 West 168th StreetNew York
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Ernst Garcon, MD
Dr. Ernst Garcon is board certified in diagnostic radiology with subspecialty training in neuroradiology. He is an assistant professor of radiology at Columbia University Irving Medical Center and an assistant attending radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. In addition to his clinical responsibilities, he also teaches and supervises radiology residents and medical students.
Dr. Garcon has extensive experience in all aspects of neuroimaging and a clinical focus on non-vascular neurointerventional procedures and neurodegenerative imaging. He is a member of the Radiological Society of North America, American College of Radiology, American Society of Neuroradiology, and the American Society of Spine Radiology.
Dr. Garcon's extensive global health work has led to significant improvements for diagnostic imaging in Haiti. In partnership with several global health foundations and organizations, he helped to develop Haiti's first radiology residency program and is currently assisting with the development and launch of the first radiologic technologist program in the country. He has also organized and provided on-site radiology education for physicians and residents at the State University of Haiti Hospital in Port au Prince and has hosted several externships for Haitian residents at Columbia.
Dr. Garcon is also a member of the Department of Radiology's Diversity Committee, promoting the recruitment and development of minority faculty. His work is focused on inspiring young students with disenfranchised backgrounds who are interested in medicine and wish to pursue a career in radiology.
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Internship: Metropolitan Hospital Center
- Medical School: State University of Haiti School of Medicine
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical C
Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor of Radiology at CUMC
- Director of Global Imaging Volunteer Services-CUMC/PIH Mirebalais branch
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester
Awards & Honors
- American Society of Head and Neck Radiology (ASHNR): 10/2003 Silver Medal winner-Scientific Exhibit presentation: “Horners syndrome: how to tailor the radiographic evaluation and the clinical findings.
- American Society of Neuroradiology (ASNR): 05/2003 MAGNA CUM LAUDE- Scientific Exhibit presentation: “Horners syndrome: how to tailor the radiographic evaluation based on clinical findings”
- Best design - Scientific Exhibit presentation: “Horners syndrome: how to tailor the radiographic evaluation based on clinical findings”.
- PRIDE Comparative Effectiveness Research at Columbia University: 06/2013
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA): 12/2000 Certificate of Merit- Scientific Exhibit presentation:” Congenital Malformation of the spine: an embryologic approach”
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA): 12/2002
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA): 12/2002 Certificate of Merit - Scientific Exhibit presentation: “Horners syndrome: how to tailor the radiographic evaluation based on clinical findings”
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA): 2002 Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA): 2003 Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research