Emanuele Barca, MD, PhD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Emanuele Barca, MD, PhD
Dr. Barca is a physician scientist with experience in neuromuscular disease. His work focuses on metabolic myopathies and mitochondrial diseases. Dr. Barca worked for many years with adult onset Pompe Disease patients in one of the major neuromuscular center in Europe. As he joined Columbia initially as a research scientist, he acquired considerable experience in Mitochondrial medicine. Mitochondrial disease became the focus of his clinical interest he joined the North American Mitochondrial Disease Consortium (NAMDC) as clinical fellow. He completed adult neurology residency at Columbia Irving Medical Center where he became proficient in diagnosis and treatment of most neurological conditions.
- Fellowship: University of Messina, Italy
- Medical School: University of Messina, Italy
- Fellowship: Columbia University Medical Center
- Internship: New-York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: New-York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University Medical Center
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Neurology
Awards & Honors
- 2020, Loeb Intern Award, Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- 2023, Resident Research Award, Columbia University Irving Medical Center