Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Connect Patient Portal
About Elvira Parravicini, MD
Elvira Parravicini, MD, is a perinatologist/neonatologist, Director of the Neonatal Comfort Care Program, and Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Columbia University Medical Center. She also obtained a Certification in Palliative Medicine from Harvard University.
Her passion for helping the most fragile patients in the neonatal population inspired Dr. Parravicini to create a unique and innovative program for infants affected by life-limiting or life-threatening conditions. The Neonatal Comfort Care Program addresses the complex medical and non-medical needs of infants and their families. The interdisciplinary Neonatal Comfort Care Program includes a core team with a nurse coordinator, a social worker, a program manager, and Dr. Parravicini serves as medical director. Other NICU professionals, including speech pathologist, lactation consultant, child life specialist, psychologist, and chaplaincy collaborate with the core team. They work together to establish a state of comfort for babies in a compassionate, loving environment and provide support to families.
You can learn more about the Neonatal Comfort Care Program at: www.neonatalcomfortcare.com
Dr. Parravicini is also actively involved with the Center for Prenatal Pediatrics, for which she provides prenatal counseling and coordinates postnatal care plans for high-risk pregnancies. She works closely with specialists from maternal-fetal medicine, cardiology, pediatric surgery, and other disciplines to provide evidence-based, comprehensive care to infants with complex medical problems.
Dr. Parravicini believes each baby's life is precious and should be welcomed and cherished. She is committed to giving babies a better chance toward healthy life, when recovery is possible, and to improving their quality of life through the most challenging conditions.
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Abnormal Prenatal Diagnosis
- Infant Renal Failure
- Neonatal Care
- Palliative Care (Hospice Care)
- Renal Disease
- Medical School: University of Milano - Italy
- Residency: New York University Medical Center
- Residency: University of Milano Affiliated Hospitals - Italy
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Internship: University of Milano Affiliated Hospitals - Italy
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical C
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at CUMC
- Director, Neonatal Comfort Care Program
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital