Additional Locations for Dina Podolsky, MD
CUIMC/Herbert Irving Pavilion161 Fort Washington AvenueNew York
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Dina Podolsky, MD
Dina Podolsky, MD, is an Assistant Professor of Surgery at Columbia University Irving Medical Center. She is a board-certified general surgery who graduated with honors from Rutgers University, where she also received her medical degree, and completed a residency in general surgery at Montefiore Medical Center. Dr. Podolsky then completed fellowship training in complex abdominal wall reconstruction and robotic surgery at Columbia University Irving Medical Center, where she worked closely with one of the world's leading hernia surgeons, Dr. Novitsky. She is a member of several national organizations, including the Americas Hernia Society and the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons. Dr. Podolsky has received numerous awards for her training and teaching, including the Leo M. Davidoff Award for Outstanding Teaching and the Golden Apple Teaching Award.
Dr. Podolsky specializes in all aspects of hernia surgery, including inguinal, ventral, and complex abdominal wall reconstruction, employing minimally invasive techniques with laparoscopic and robotic surgery. She has presented research at major professional associations and continues to be active in research, publishing both academic research and textbook chapters. Dr. Podolsky currently sees patients in midtown Manhattan, Washington Heights, and in Westchester at NYP/Lawrence Hospital.
- Residency: Montefione Medical Center
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Surgery at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Awards & Honors
- Golden Apple Teaching Award, Montefiore Medical Center, 2018
- Honors in Distinction in Service to the Community, UMDNJ-RWJ, 2013
- Junior Resident Teaching Award, Montefiore Medical Center, 2016
- Leo M. Davidoff Society for excellence in medical student education, Montefiore Medical Center, 2017