Dena Goffman, MD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Dena Goffman, MD
Dena Goffman, MD is the Vice Chair for Quality and Patient Safety and Professor in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Sloane Hospital for Women at New York-Presbyterian Hospital and Columbia University Medical Center and the Associate Chief Quality Officer for Obstetrics for the NewYork-Presbyterian health system. She was recently appointed the Associate Dean for Professionalism for Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
She has a strong interest in improving patient safety and quality in obstetrics and decreasing severe maternal morbidity and mortality. Much of her work has focused on the use of simulation, team training and implementation of evidence based guidelines to achieve this goal.
Dr. Goffman has been an active member of the New York State-Department of Health and The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists District II Safe Motherhood Initiative and is currently a member of the NYS SMI Leadership Committee.
Additionally, she is active nationally and internationally in Obstetric Simulation and is the immediate past chair for the ACOG Simulation Working Group. She serves as faculty for many prominent OB simulation opportunities including the annual ACOG Obstetric Emergency Simulation Course, SMFM Critical Care Obstetric Simulation course at the Annual Pregnancy Meeting and the Banner/SMFM Annual Critical Care Obstetric Simulation Course in Phoenix.
Dr. Goffman has a particular interest in Obstetric Hemorrhage, one of the leading causes of preventable maternal morbidity and mortality. She served as a Co-chair of the Obstetric Hemorrhage group for the New York State Safe Motherhood Initiative, served on the OB hemorrhage Clinical Advisory Work Group for the NYS Department of Health and was a core member of the National Partnership for Maternal Safety Obstetric Hemorrhage work group. She is currently part of a small multidisciplinary team working to update the AIM Obstetric Hemorrhage bundle and she co-authored the Postpartum Hemorrhage ACOG Practice Bulletin.
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Specialties & Expertise
- Abnormal Prenatal Diagnosis
- Fetal Anomaly
- High Risk Obstetrics
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Medical Complications In Pregnancy
- Fellowship: Albert Einstein / Montefiore Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical C
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Associate Chief Quality Officer, Obstetrics at New York-Presbyterian
- Ellen Jacobson Levine and Eugene Jacobson Professor at CUMC
- Vice Chair for Quality and Patient Safety at Sloane Hospital for Women at New York-Presbyterian Hospital and Columbia University Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital