Additional Locations for Daniel S Casper, MD
CUMC/Russ Berrie Medical Science Pavilion1150 St. Nicholas AvenueNew York
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Book an Appointment Today
CALL TO SCHEDULE TODAY
CONNECT PATIENT PORTAL
About Daniel S Casper, MD
Dr. Daniel Casper practices general, medical ophthalmology full-time at Columbia University Medical Center, dividing his time between the Naomi Berrie Diabetes Center and the Harkness Eye Institute Faculty Practice. His ophthalmology training, including residency and fellowship, has all been done at Columbia, and he has been affiliated with the university in various capacities since 1986.
After completing his residency, Dr. Casper was a fellow in orbital and oculoplastic Surgery with Dr. Stephen Trokel at Columbia, and along with Dr Linda Chi of the Radiology department, co-edited the textbook, "Orbital Disease: Imaging and Analysis," on which Dr. Casper served as senior editor and illustrator. In 2019, Drs. Casper and Cioffi co-edited the book, "The Columbia Guide to Basic Elements of Eye Care: A Manual for Helathcare Professionals." Dr. Casper also was the senior editor and illustrator on this book.
Although Dr. Casper practices comprehensive, non-surgical ophthalmology, he specializes in diabetic eye disease, and is Director of Ophthalmology at the Naomi Berrie Diabetes Center at Columbia University Medical Center. He is currently a Professor of Ophthalmology at CUMC, and in addition to his patient care responsibilities, he regularly teaches medical students enrolled at the College of Physicians and Surgeons, as well as residents in ophthalmology, internal medicine and family practice medicine, and fellows training in endocrinology.
- Annual Exams
- Blurring of Visual Image
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- Conjunctival Diseases
- Cornea and External Eye Disease
- Diabetic Eye Disease
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- Infectious & Inflam Eye Disease
- Fellowship: Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, NY
- Medical School: Albany Medical College-Union University, NY
- Internship: Albany Medical Center Hospital, NY
- Residency: Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, NY
- Fellowship: Massachusettes General Hospital
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical C
Titles & Positions
- Professor of Ophthalmology at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center