Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Daichi Shimbo, MD
Dr. Shimbo received a B.S. from the Johns Hopkins University in Biomedical Engineering and a M.D. from Albany Medical College. He then completed a residency in Internal Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital, and was selected as Chief Resident. He subsequently completed a fellowship in Cardiovascular Medicine, also at the Mount Sinai Hospital, before joining the faculty at Columbia University in September 2003.
Currently, Dr. Shimbo is a board-certified cardiologist and Professor of Medicine in the Division of Cardiology in the Department of Medicine at Columbia University Irving Medical Center. He co-directs the Columbia Hypertension Center, a multi-disciplinary center of excellence that provides high quality care and state-of-the-art diagnostic testing for patients with hypertension.
Dr. Shimbo's clinical interests include the accurate diagnosis and treatment of hypertension, and evaluating the cardiovascular manifestations of hypertension. Dr. Shimbo conducts rigorous, innovative, interdisciplinary research that increases the understanding of the behavioral, psychosocial and biological processes in the pathogenesis of the increased cardiovascular disease risk associated with hypertension.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Advanced Cardiac Imaging
- Behavioral Medicine
- Preventive Cardiology
- Residency: Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Medical School: Albany Medical College-Union University, NY
- Fellowship: Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Internship: Mount Sinai Medical Center
Titles & Positions
- Associate Dean of Research Career Development
- Co-Director, Columbia Hypertension Center
- Director of Cardiovascular PhysiologyAA Research, Cardiovascular UltrasoundAA Laboratories, Division of Cardiology
- Director of the TRANSFORM (TRaining And Nurturing Scholars FOr Research that is Multidisciplinary)
- Director, Translational Lab at Columbia
- Professor of Medicine
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center