Colleen C Cullen, PsyD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Colleen C Cullen, PsyD
Colleen C. Cullen, PsyD is a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in the treatment of children, adolescents, individuals and families with advanced training in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and is a DBT-Linehan Board of Certification, Certified Clinician™.
Dr. Cullen is skilled in providing evidence-based treatment for a number of emotional and behavioral issues, including depression, anxiety, Borderline Personality Disorder, oppositional and defiant behaviors, ADHD, and family stress and has worked extensively with teens and adults with suicidal and self-harming behaviors. Dr. Cullen has expertise in behavioral parenting skills training and has worked with many parents and caregivers on improving their skills related to positive reinforcement and delivering effective consequences.
Dr. Cullen is the Executive Director and Chief Quality Officer of the Psychiatry Faculty Practice Organization at Columbia University Irving Medical Center and is also an Associate Professor of Medical Psychology (in Psychology) at Columbia University Medical Center. She has had significant involvement in the teaching and supervision of psychology graduate students, child psychiatry trainees and medical students. From 2010-2016 Dr. Cullen worked in the Department of Pediatric Psychiatry at Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital of New York Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center where she was the team leader for the Adolescent DBT Program and Disruptive Behavior Disorders Clinic, and co-developed the ADHD Clinic.
Dr. Cullen received her B.A. from Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH, cum laude, with a psychology major and an education concentration and she received her doctorate in Clinical Psychology at Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, FL. She completed her internship and postdoctoral fellowship at the Child and Family Institute at St Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center in Manhattan and served as a co-chief postdoctoral psychology fellow while there.
Specialties & Expertise
- Adjustment Disorder
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adult Psychiatry
- Affective Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Child Psychiatry
- Clinical Psychology
- Cognitive-Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Disruptive Behavior Disorder
- General Psychiatry
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Mental Health
- Mood Disorders
- Parent Counseling
- Parent-Child Relationship Problem
- Personality Disorders
- Relationship Problems
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Stress Management
- Suicide and Self-Inflicted Injury
- Work-Related Stress
- Medical School: Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, FL
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor in Medical Psychology (in Psychiatry) at CUMC
- Clinical Director and Chief Quality Officer, Columbia Psychiatry Faculty Practice Organization
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital