Cigdem Inan Akman, MD
Additional Locations for Cigdem Inan Akman, MD
ColumbiaDoctors - Tarrytown155 White Plains RoadTarrytown
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Book an Appointment Today
Book an Appointment Online
CALL TO SCHEDULE TODAY
CONNECT PATIENT PORTAL
About Cigdem Inan Akman, MD
Dr. Akman is a Professor of Neurology at CUIMC and chief of the Division of Child Neurology in the Departments of Neurology and Pediatrics of the Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons at Columbia University.
Dr. Akman was born and educated in Ankara, Turkey where she graduated with Honors from the School of Medicine, Ankara University. Dr. Akman completed her training in Child Neurology at State University of New York, followed by a fellowship in Clinical Neurophysiology and Epilepsy at Boston Children's Hospital, Harvard Medical School. Subsequently, Dr Akman joined the Division of Child Neurology and the Pediatric Epilepsy Program at Columbia University Irving Medical Center, where she participated in clinical education and patient care until 2008. Between 2008 and 2010, Dr. Akman worked as the Director of Clinical Epilepsy Research at Texas Children's Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine. Dr Akman returned to Columbia in 2010 and now heads both the Division of Child Neurology and the Pediatric Epilepsy Program at NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital at Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
Her clinical practice focuses on infantile and childhood epilepsy, epilepsy surgery, and the treatment of refractory epilepsy in children.
- Child Neurology
- Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology
- Childhood onset epilepsy
- Drug resistant epilepsy
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Epileptic Seizures
- Pediatric Epilepsy
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: Children's Hospital of Boston
- Medical School: Ankara University Medical School
- Residency: State University of New York - Downstate Medical Center
Titles & Positions
- Chief, Division of Child Neurology
- Director, Pediatric Epilepsy Program
- Director, Tuberous Sclerosis Program at CUIMC
- Professor of Neurology at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center