Additional Locations for Beth A. Schrope, MD
CUIMC/Herbert Irving Pavilion161 Fort Washington AvenueSuite 821New York
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Book an Appointment Today
CALL TO SCHEDULE TODAY
About Beth A. Schrope, MD
Dr. Schrope joined the faculty of the Department of Surgery in July of 2001 as a Clinical instructor after completing her residency with NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. She is currently Associate Professor of Clinical Surgery.
She graduated with an M.D. degree from Temple University in 1996. Prior to joining the profession of medicine, she completed a Ph. D. in Biomedical Engineering at Drexel University in 1992, and won numerous federal grants as principle investigator for research work in medical ultrasound. She is the author of numerous publications in the fields of bariatric surgery, medical ultrasound and GI surgery. She is the sole editor of a new textbook on Surgical and Interventional Ultrasound.
Her research interests include novel applications of autologous pancreatic islet cell transplantation, pancreatic cysts and pancreatitis. She also employs minimally invasive surgical techniques for benign and malignant conditions of the stomach. Dr. Schrope is an active member of the American College of Surgeons, the American HepatoPancreaticoBiliary Association, and Society of Surgery of the Alimentary Tract. She is currently serving as Regional Medical Director of the Southern New York chapter of the National Pancreas Foundation.
- Esophageal Cancer
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Gastric Cancer
- Gastric Cancers
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Tumors
- GERD Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Pancreas Surgery
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Cyst
- Pancreatic islet cell transplantation
- Stomach Cancer
- Stomach Surgery
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Medical School: Temple University School of Medicine
Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor of Surgery at CUMC
- Director, Pancreatic Cyst Surveillance Program, Pancreas Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Awards & Honors
- Selected for inclusion in the 2007 - 2013 editions of “Guide to Americas Top Surgeons,” published by the Consumers Research Council of America.
- Surgeon, ACS Center of Excellence in Bariatric Surgery, Center for Metabolic and Weight Loss Surgery, Valley Hospital, Ridgewood, NJ.
- Surgeon, ACS Center of Excellence in Bariatric Surgery, Columbia University Center for Metabolic and Weight Loss Surgery, New York, NY.
- Teaching Award, Department of Surgery, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 2002 and 2009.