Aya Haggiagi, MD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Aya Haggiagi, MD
Aya Haggiagi, MD is an assistant professor of neurology at CUIMC, in the Division of Neuro-Oncology. Dr. Haggiagi is board certified in Neurology and Neuro-Oncology. She graduated with highest honors from the University of Al-Fateh School of Medicine in Tripoli, Libya. She subsequently completed a postdoctoral research fellowship in the Department of Pathology and Cell Biology at Columbia, under the mentorship of Dr. Michael Shelanski, where her research focused on biochemical and genetic changes in neurofibrillary tangle predominant dementia. Dr. Haggiagi then pursued her medicine internship training at Westchester Medical Center, followed by neurology residency at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center. After residency, she completed a two-year fellowship in Neuro-Oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
Dr. Haggiagi was an attending physician and an investigator at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center prior to returning to NYP/CUIMC. She is the recipient of the Society for Neuro-Oncology 2017 Best Abstract Award. Her research interests include the development of clinical trials, precision medicine, and neurologic complications of immunotherapy.
Specialties & Expertise
- Anaplastic Gliomas
- Brain Metastases
- Brain Tumor
- Cancer Immunotherapy
- Central Nervous System Tumors
- Leptomeningeal metastases
- Paraneoplastic Syndromes
- Spinal Cord Tumor
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Internship: Westchester Medical Center
- Fellowship: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Neurology at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center