Additional Locations for Angela Lignelli, MD
ColumbiaDoctors - Midtown51 West 51st StreetNew York
CUIMC/Presbyterian Hospital and Vanderbilt Clinic622 West 168th StreetNew York
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Angela Lignelli, MD
Dr. Angela Lignelli is an associate professor of radiology at Columbia University Irving Medical Center (CUIMC) and chief of the Division of Neuroradiology. She is board certified in diagnostic radiology and subspecialty certified in neuroradiology.
Dr. Lignelli has spent the duration of her career in radiology at NewYork-Presbyterian (NYP)/Columbia University Irving Medical Center, where she completed her radiology residency and neuroradiology fellowship before becoming a member of the faculty. Dr. Lignelli has a deep understanding of the practice of radiology at NYP. Dr. Lignelli's clinical focus includes brain tumor imaging in both adults and pediatric population. Her primary research interests involve correlating anatomic and non-anatomic brain imaging of brain tumors with neuoropathologic markers and clinical outcomes. She specializes in advanced imaging techniques including MR perfusion, MR Spectroscopy and functional MRI. Her secondary research interest involves pediatric neuroimaging in metabolic disorders.
In addition to her clinical and research expertise, Dr. Lignelli is a committed educator, both to medical students and residents of the NYP/CUIMC community. She served as program director for the Diagnostic Radiology Residency for several years.
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Residency: Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Medical School: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Internship: Yale-New Haven Hospital
Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor of Radiology at CUMC
- Chief, Division of Neuroradiology
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester