Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Book an Appointment Today
CALL TO SCHEDULE TODAY
CONNECT PATIENT PORTAL
About Angela Gomez-Simmonds, MD
Dr. Gomez-Simmonds' research interests entail understanding the clinical and molecular epidemiology of hospital-associated pathogens, particularly multidrug-resistant Gram-negative bacteria. She is currently working in Dr. Anne-Catrin Uhlemann's laboratory, where she has been focused on developing next-generation sequencing-based methods for investigating the repertoire of resistance gene and associated mobile genetic elements in these pathogens, with the goal of better understanding hospital-associated transmission of multidrug resistance. Other active areas of research include investigating the clinical, pathogen, and microbiome factors associated with colonization and subsequent infection with multidrug-resistant Gram-negative and other hospital-associated infections, such as Clostridioides difficile.
- Infectious Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Medical School: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
Titles & Positions
- Instructor in Medicine at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center