Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Angela Gomez-Simmonds, MD
Dr. Gomez-Simmonds' research interests entail understanding the molecular factors that potentiate the acquisition and dissemination of multidrug resistance among hospital-associated pathogens. Her current projects focus on developing sequencing-based methods for investigating the epidemiology and transmission of multidrug-resistant Gram-negative bacteria at CUIMC such as carbapenem-resistant and ESBL-producing Enterobacterales. She is particularly interested in characterizing the repertoire of antibiotic resistance genes and associated mobile genetic elements in these pathogens. Additional research interests include identifying clinical risk factors and optimal therapeutic regimens for multidrug-resistant bacterial infections and investigating the clinical and microbiome factors associated with colonization and subsequent infection with hospital-associated pathogens such as Clostridioides difficile.
- Infectious Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Medical School: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Medicine at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center