Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Book an Appointment Online
Book an Appointment Online
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Andrew Eisenberger, MD
Andrew Eisenberger graduated from Columbia University with a B.A. in Philosophy in 1992 and received his M.D. from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in 2001. Dr. Eisenberger did his residency in internal medicine at Montefiore Medical Center, where he served for a year as chief resident. He then completed his fellowship in Hematology/Oncology at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center, where his academic focus was management of clotting disorders and hematologic malignancies. While a fellow at Columbia, the Department of Nursing recognized Dr. Eisenberger with its Physician of the Year award.
At the completion of fellowship training, Dr. Eisenberger worked as an attending physician at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, New Jersey, and served on the staff of its state- and federally-funded regional Hemophilia Center. While at this position, Dr. Eisenberger helped launch the NIH-supported Central-Northern New Jersey Sickle Cell Network.
Dr. Eisenberger is actively involved in research on the prediction of thrombotic complications in women using hormonal therapies such as birth control, as well as the hematologic complications of vascular devices such as ECMO and ventricular assist devices. His clinical practice currently focuses on the diagnosis and management of bleeding and clotting disorders, particularly in unique populations such as pregnant women and critically ill hospitalized patients. He also has extensive experience with difficult-to-manage blood disorders including antiphospholipid antibody syndrome (APLS), heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT), immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), autoimmune hemolytic anemia (AIHA), thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP), hemophagocytic syndrome (HLH) and anemia in individuals who have undergone bariatric surgery.
- Medical Oncology
- Bleeding Disorder
- Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia (HHT)
- Thrombotic Disorder
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx,NY
- Medical School: Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Yeshiva University
- Fellowship: Harlem Hospital Center
- Fellowship: New York Blood Center
Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor of Medicine at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Awards & Honors
- Department of Nursing Physician of the Year Award, Columbia University Medical Center, 2007.
- Invited Faculty, Open Medical Institute, American Austrian Foundation, Salzburg, Austria, June-July 2013.
- Invited Graduation Speaker, Columbia University Medical Center, Internal Medicine Program, June 2013.
- Pharmacy Partner Award, New York-Presbyterian Hospital, 2012.